Serving the food on the table
If the guest wants the food to be set up on the table, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the right side of the table
- Place the placemat on the bottom part center of the table. The placemat must be one (1) inch away from the edge of the table.
- Next is the cup and saucer. It will be placed on the right hand side of the table in a 4 O’clock position. This means that the handle of the cup is mimicking the hour hand of the clock. If there are any glassware, place it on the upper right side of the table. Above the cup and saucer. Handle the glass on the stem or the body.
- If there are any condiments, place it above the cup and saucer.
- Next will be the coffee pot and the creamery set. This will be placed above the condiments or glassware.
- Place the centerpiece above the placemat.
- Go to the left side of the table.
- Get the flatware and place it to the left side of the placemat. Make sure that you are holding the flatware using the napkin to prevent leaving prints on the it.
- Place the food on the center of the placemat and say its name. Avoid touching the food with your thumb while placing the dish on the table.
“Ma’am/Sir here is your American breakfast and fresh fruits”
- Offer extended service
Examples of extending service:
- Opening the curtains for the guest
- Pouring coffee for the guest “Do you need anything else ma’am?”