List of active policies
|TESDA ONLINE PROGRAM - PRIVACY NOTICE
By using the TESDA Online Program, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the TESDA Online Program Privacy Notice, which outlines how your personal and sensitive personal data information will be handled. You understand that your data will be used for program purposes, including facilitation, communication, and legal compliance.
Welcome to the TESDA Online Program (TOP), the National eLearning platform for Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in the Philippines. We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of your personal and sensitive personal data information. This Privacy Notice (PN) outlines how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your information in compliance with the Data Privacy Act of the Philippines (DPA).
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal and sensitive personal data information collected upon your account creation :
- Personal and Sensitive Personal Information: We collect your name, email address, contact details, and other demographic information necessary for accessing and enrolling in the courses.
- Educational Data: We gather information related to your course progress, assessment results, and learning activities to improve our educational services.
- Technical Information: We collect information about your device and online behavior, such as IP addresses, browser type, and usage data.
Purpose of Data Collection
We collect your information for the following purposes, as allowed by the DPA:
- To facilitate your participation in the TESDA Online Program.
- To improve our services which include the delivery of free online courses and personalized learning experience.
- To communicate with you regarding program updates, notifications, and support.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including those related to TVET.
How We Use Your Information
- User Authentication: Your personal information is used for user registration, login, and account management purposes.
- Learning Enhancement: We use educational data to personalize your learning experience, track progress, and provide relevant content.
- Communication: We may use your contact information to send updates, notifications, and educational materials.
- Analytics: Non-personal information may be collected for statistical analysis and system improvement.
- Feedback or Surveys: We roll out annual evaluation surveys to gauge the satisfaction of the learners with the service we provide.
We retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and as required by applicable laws and regulations, including the DPA. Additionally, following these conditions:
- Accounts that are dormant for five years shall be deleted. However, records on his/her completed courses shall be archived and can be requested from the NITESD/eTESDA. Account holders shall be informed two weeks prior to the deletion of their account.
- Unconfirmed accounts shall be automatically deleted after (two) 2 days with no prior notice.
We employ reasonable and industry-standard security measures for cloud computing services to protect your personal and sensitive personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, as required by the DPA.
Disclosure of Your Data
We may share your data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- To partner with approved Data Sharing Agreements (DSAs) or Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), as applicable.
- When required by law or in response to legal processes.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of TESDA and its users, as permitted by the DPA.
You will be informed through email whenever your personal information shall be, are being or have been processed. Except for the original reason for your data collection of other legal purposes, you will be informed about the type of personal information, reason for the process as well as the recipient before its entry into the processing system.
You have the following rights regarding your data, as provided by the DPA:
- Access: You can request access to your data held by us.
- Correction: You can request corrections to inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Deletion: You can request the deletion of your data under certain circumstances.
- Objection: You can object to the processing of your data for specific purposes.
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding your data and its protection, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at:
Telephone Number: (02) 8888 5753
Email Address: email@example.com
For technical support queries, you may contact:
Name of Office: NITESD/eTESDA
Telephone Number: (02) 8893 8297
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes in our practices or legal requirements. Any updates will be posted on our website, and the date of the latest revision will be indicated.
If you believe your data protection rights have been violated under the DPA, you may file a complaint with the Data Privacy Officer (DPO) following the procedures established by the agency.